Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Busy Weekend

We got to go to the cabin this last weekend - My favorite place in the world! We had a great time. David(brother) and Mindi and the kids came. Camille (sister) and Kira rode up with us and we met mom and dad there. The kids got to ride in Grandpa's Mule! He and grandma have sure had fun on it. We went down to the lake and let the kids have the time of their life throwing rocks into the water. What a great family I have, love spending time with them.


I also found out that I am not 18 any more. SURPRISE We have this great zip line for the kids to play on. Because it is for the kids to play on it is lower to the ground. So if bigger people (like me) want to use it, they have to climb up on top of a big log and try to stand in the zip line. David did it (and he is not 18) so I thought that I could. According to witnesses - I fell, bounced and landed with a big thud. I am not sure all the places I hit, just know that I hurt all over. Somewhere in the event I shredded the underside of my big toe. Brian and Dad had to clean it out with tweezers and alcohol wipes. FYI - that hurts
We then got to go to Grandma Thurston's new house on Sunday and have dinner with her. The home she lives in had a Grandparents Day BBQ. It was nice to see her. They had someone there giving the kids rides in a wagon being pulled by miniature ponies. (waiting to get pictures from someone else, will post them when I get them)

1 comment:

Joe and AnnMarie said...

I miss you. The pictures look great, I'm glad you had a picture of your dad. New drive way? That's exciting. Kristian looks so big!